This year, my friend Alice of "A Mama, Baby and Shar Pei in the Kitchen”, is hosting a fabulous FOURTEEN DAY COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY for Valentine’s Day!! I was really excited to be asked to be part of it. I will be joining some of my blogging buddies to celebrate Valentine’s Day with this #Cookbook Affair giveaway series. Fourteen bloggers with their favorite cookbooks, for fourteen days! It’s your chance to win a cookbook, and a chance to get to know some really great blogs! Today is day eight!
Now, I don’t know about you, but I definitely have a cookbook obsession! Some people would say a problem! I have never met a cookbook that I didn’t want or need! I really hate to admit that, but anyone who knows me would tell you, I have way too many cookbooks. At last count, about 600! I know, I know! I just can’t help myself!!
The book I’m giving away today is "Amy’s Bread” by Amy Scherber and Toy Kim Dupree. If you’ve ever been to NYC, you might have seen Amy’s Bread in one of the many stores where it is sold, or you may have gone to one of her bakeries! I first visited Amy’s Bread years ago, while my daughter was attending college in NYC. I was spending a weekend with her, and she took me to the yet unknown Chelsea market! It was a few years before Food Network, and all the crowds found this wonderful place. Amy’s is one of my favorite bakeries in the City! On that first visit, we bought some delicious treats to take back to her apartment, and enjoy with our tea. One of my favorites has always been Amy’s Fennel Raisin Cornmeal loaf. For me, it was the beginning of my love affair with Amy’s Bread! I’m still waiting for her to share the recipe for that one!
|Amy’s Bread Chelsea Market|
And as an added bonus, if you win, I’m including a bread dough whisk! It’s an indispensable tool for mixing dough by hand.
Next up is Anna Dishes, she will be giving away the ninth cookbook in our fourteen day giveaway, so be sure to stop by there tomorrow to see which cookbook she is sharing with you! You can also keep an eye on my facebook page for links to her giveaway tomorrow and for links to the other giveaways! If you are worried about missing one of the stops in our 14 Days of Cookbook giveaways, check the bottom of this post each day for a list of the blogs and cookbooks! Each giveaway will be active for thirty (30) days so there is plenty of time to enter!
Here is a list of the first eight days of Cookbook Giveaways:
- Alice from “A Mama, Baby & Shar-pei in the Kitchen” with “The Bread Baker’s Apprentice: Mastering the Art of Extraordinary Bread” by Peter Reinhart
- Christy from "Confessions of a Culinary Diva" with a French duo, “My Paris Kitchen” by David Lebovitz & “Around My French Table” by Dorie Greenspan
- Chris from “Mama’s High Strung” with “The Flavor Bible: The Essential Guide to Culinary Creativity, Based on the Wisdom of America’s Most Imaginative Chefs” by Karen Page & Andrew Dorenenburg
- Adriana from “Great Food 360″ with “The Cuban Table: A Celebration of Food, Flavors & History” by Ana Sofia Pelaez
- Kim from “Liv Life” with "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World”
- Heather from “girlchef" with "Cooking with Frank's® RedHot® Cayenne Pepper Sauce cookbook" by Rachel Rappaport.
- DB (Foodie Stuntman) from "Crazy Food Stunts” with "An Appealing Plan: A Year of Everday Celebrations" by Krayl Funch
- And me...Kathy from “Bakeawaywithme” with “Amy’s Bread” by Amy Scherber and Toy Kim Dupree
Official Rules: Giveaway is open to U.S. residents as well as any APO/FPO addresses. Entrants must be 18y/o. To enter, use the widget below. One winner with a valid entry will be selected on March 2th, 2015. I will email the winner and they will have up to 24 hours to respond and claim their prize or another winner will be selected. The number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
a Rafflecopter giveaway