|Pumpkin Spice Spiked Latte|
|While I didn’t have the Pumpkin Kahlua…the Apple Pie liqueur added just the right amount of spice, and worked great to add a spark to this latte|
My secret blogger was Anna of the very lovely blog AnnaDishes. I saw quite a few recipes I know I would enjoy making. Several had me oohing and ahhing! Should I choose the delectable Pumpkin Goat Cheese Spread, or maybe the Pumpkin Beer Bread? Both of them sounded festive, and quite perfect for Thanksgiving. However, one particular recipe caught my eye to serve to my family and friends for Thanksgiving! It was for Anna's Pumpkin Spice Spiked Latte! I know…right! Sounds like a perfectly wonderful ending to a great Thanksgiving meal! I am certain my family and friends will enjoy this Latte. I certainly did while testing!
I could not find the Pumpkin Spice Kahlua in my area, so I decided to improvise with 1/8 cup of Kahlua and an 1/8 cup of Apple Pie Liquor…it was luscious! I added frothed milk to the top, instead of the optional whipped cream. I do think this drink would be just as good hot as it is cold. I might have to give that a try!
Pumpkin Spice Spiked Latte
Prep Time: 5 Min Cook Time: 5 MinServes 2
1/2 Cup Freshly Brewed and Chilled Espresso
1/4 Cup Pumpkin Spice Kahlua
1/2 Cup Half and Half (or Milk or Almond Milk)
1/4 Cup Vodka
In a shaker with ice, mix the coffee and Kahlua together, add the vodka and finish with half & half.
Shake until well blended and pour into a glass rimmed with Maple Sugar. A martini glass would be perfect but a rocks glass works well, too.
If you are so inclined, add a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top.
To see what the other members are sharing, check out their blogs below….
- Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Christiane from Taking On Magazines
- Debra from Eliots Eats
- Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Ramona from Curry and Comfort
- Janet from From Cupcakes to Caviar
- Christy from Culinary Diva
- Alice from A Mama Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Kelli from Kellis Kitchen
- Kim from Liv Life
- Susan from Create Amazing Meals
- Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Kathy from Bakeaway With Me
- Anna from Anna Dishes
- Stacy from Food Lust People Love