|Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Scones|
|Dripping with deliciousness|
Don’t over mix or over work your dough. A light touch will keep your scones tender. Mix just until all ingredients are combined. If you handle the dough too much, the warmth of your hands will affect the texture of your finished scones.
|These were so melt in your mouth luscious….perfect for breakfast, brunch or snack|
Yield: 8 scones
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 15 min
adapted from Todd Wilbur
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted COLD butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 3 tablespoons milk or half and half cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons milk
For the spiced glaze
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and salt. Add cold butter, and using a pastry blender work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs. You want to see some very small pieces of the butter.
- In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin puree, cream, egg and maple syrup. Pour mixture over dry ingredients and stir using a rubber spatula just until a soft dough forms.
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough a few times until it comes together. With lightly floured hands, pat the dough into a rectangle measuring roughly 7x9. Using a large knife or a pizza cutter, cut the rectangle in half lengthwise, then cut into 2 even pieces crosswise, making four rectangles. Then cut each each rectangle into two triangles, making 8 triangles.
- Place scones onto prepared baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- To make the spiced glaze, combine confectioners’ sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg and milk. Whisk until smooth.
- When the scones are done, cool for 10 minutes, then drizzle the glaze over each scone, and spread with back of spoon.
- Allow glaze to set before serving.
- These scones freeze beautifully. So save some for later!