|The luscious Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake…all dressed up for Valentine’s Day|
Check out what the other bakers have come up with, here at the Tuesdays with Dorie page.
|Beating the cream cheese and mascarpone until smooth|
|Adding eggs one at a time|
|Blending the chocolate mixture into the batter|
|Just out of the oven|
|All of My Valentines really enjoyed it!|
Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake adapted from Baking with Julia, contributed by baker David Ogonowski
1 1/2 lbs cream cheese, room temp.
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 lb mascarpone, room temp
3 eggs, room temp
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
6 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted-keep very warm
cookie crumbs (I used pretzel crumbs that I sprinkled into the pan before pouring in the batter…I was not about to flip a cheesecake)
• preheat oven to 350*. Prepare spring form pan, butter all over and line outside with foil.
• cream cream cheese until perfectly smooth, about 4 minutes. add sugar and beat for another 4 minutes. scrape down the bowl and add flour, vanilla and mascarpone beat until incorporated
• add eggs one at a time. Scrape down side of bowl after each egg. Mix in the sour cream until incorporated.
• remove one cup of mixture and stir into the warm melted chocolate. mix until you no longer see white streaks. pour batter into your prepared 8″ spring form pan.
• set the spring form pan in a roasting pan and place in the center of the oven. pour hot water into the roasting pan until it comes halfway up the sides. bake 50-60 minutes, until you see a quivering wave across the cake when shaking the pan. remove the pan from oven and place cake on a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
• place in the fridge for at least 3 hours or over night. Unmold cake before putting in fridge. flip cake over onto a cake plate and sprinkle bottom of cake with crumbs. press crumbs into cake. once set, re flip cake so crumbs are ultimately on the bottom. Refrigerate till ready to serve.