This recipe has been adapted from Southern Living Magazine and has become part of my summer table. I've been making it for several years now and it always generates plenty of ooh's and aah's! Most importantly it is delicious!
|Potato salad stuffed red bell peppers....Yum!|
Potato-Stuffed Grilled Bell Peppers
adapted from Southern Living Magazine
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3 1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 (16-ounce) container sour cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Pierce each potato 3 to 4 times with a fork, and place directly on oven rack.
- Bake at 450° for 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let cool slightly, about 15 minutes.
- Cut bell peppers in half lengthwise, cutting through stems and keeping intact. Remove and discard seeds and membranes; rinse and pat dry. Set aside.
- Cut baked potatoes in half. Scoop out pulp into a large bowl, discarding shells. Add sour cream and next 6 ingredients to pulp, blending well with a fork or potato masher.
- Spoon potato mixture evenly into bell pepper halves. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Grill peppers, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 18 minutes or until peppers are blistered and potato mixture bubbles around edges. Serve immediately.
This was to be my post for last week when a technology catastrophe hit my house. The week started out ordinary enough. My son-in-law dropped my grandchildren off at my house to spend a few days. My 7 year old granddaughter J and her twin 3 year old brothers N and L were here at Camp Grandma. Things were going well...we were having fun! J and I went to a Tea House for a grandma/granddaughter lunch. We all hit the zoo and the Land of Make Believe, an amusement park geared towards young children. We had picnics and made ice cream...all and all a wonderful exhausting week!
|Enjoying the ice cream we made!|
|Riding the rides at the Land of Make Believe|
|Excited to see all the animals at the zoo|
|Lunch at the tea house with grandma...such a grown up thing!|
|N taking part in a play at the Land of Make Believe|
Then it happened, the first of my techno problems. My cell phone found it's way into my cooler bag, where ice had been melting! After spending 24 hours in a bowl of rice...it is still not working. I will be making my way to Verizon today! However, the worst was yet to come. As I was using my computer, it got "hung up" and I could not get it to shut down. I tried to force quit to no avail. I shut the computer off and when I tried to start it up again I got the dreaded blinking question mark! So I went to the Apple Store where they told me my hard drive had died! Oh no!! My computer is fairly new and I wasn't backing up...BIG mistake! Now, after a week and a new hard drive, I have my computer back. Although some of my pictures are missing, it could have been a lot worse! A stressful week but, I'm back on the grid!