Pistachio Shortbread Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter (at cool room temperature)
1 box (3.4 oz.) instant pistachio pudding mix
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup finely chopped pistachio nuts
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Lightly grease two round pie plates. 8 or 9 inch.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the butter, pistachio pudding, sugar, salt; then beat in flour. The mixture may seem a little dry at first; keep beating till it comes together.
- Divide the dough in half. Press each half into one of the prepared pans, smoothing the surface with your fingers.
- Use fork to prick the dough all over; this allows any steam to escape. Divide the chopped pistachios between the two pans, spreading evenly and gently pressing them down into the surface of the dough.
- Bake the shortbread until it's a deep golden brown around the edges. About 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove pans from oven and immediately turn each shortbread round out onto a clean work surface.
- Using pizza wheel or sharp knife, cut each round into 12 wedges. Do this while shortbread is warm; if you let it cool it won't cut easily….I do not do not do mine like this. I score the short bread before I put it into the oven and cut again when I take it out. I cool slightly and remove from pan.
|Ready to go into the oven|